If you were raised Catholic through the 50’s and 60’s as I was, you’ll remember not being unable to eat meat on Fridays. This simple but tasty meal is quick and easy and was a Friday night staple at our house. Outside of Lent Fridays are no longer fish days but it still tastes good and brings back memories.
Creamed Tuna over Toast
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom Soup (We used Campbell’s soup)
- 1 can milk
- 1 (7 oz.) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup cooked peas
- 8 pieces of bread
- Empty the contents of the cream of mushroom soup into a sauce pan.
- Fill the empty soup can with milk and add to the sauce pan.
- Over med heat whisk the mushroom soup and milk until completely combined.
- Add tuna and peas and continue to heat until hot. Stir often
- Toast two pieced of bread and set on a plate.
- Ladle out tuna mixture over each piece of toast and serve.
Makes 4 servings