Christmas is just around the corner and so are those office parties. You need to bring some sort of an appetizer that everyone will like, but you’re busy and you don’t have time for complicated recipes. Well, here’s a quick and easy recipe that I’ve been using for years, and it’s never failed to be a hit.
The hardest part of this recipe is going to the store and shopping for the 3 ingredients needed for it, then going home and digging out your crock pot. Don’t be fooled by the grape jelly, this is a winner and if you want to be able to tell everyone at work that you made this yourself, well recipes just don’t get any easier.
Grape Jelly and Chili Sauce Meatballs
- 5 lb. bag of frozen cooked small meatballs
- 1 – 32 ounce jar of your favorite grape jelly
- 2 – 12 ounce jars of chili sauce. I usually use Heinz Chili Sauce but feel free to use your favorite chili sauce
- Plug in a 6 to 8 quart crock pot and set the thermostat to medium. Add the full 32 ounces of grape jelly and both jars of chili sauce and stir until the jelly and chili sauce are blended. Drop in the bag of cooked meatballs and put the lid on the crock pot.
- Stir the meatballs occasionally to ensure they are evenly coated with sauce, heat the meatballs until hot (about 3 hours) and the sauce has thickened.
Use a slotted spoon to serve. Set a box of round tooth pick next to the crock pot and you’re good to go.