2 – 3 servings
- 1 – 1 ½-1 ¾ lb. French cut lamb rib rack
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1 – 1 ½ ounce package classic French demi-glace
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375⁰ F.
- Arrange meat, bone side down in shallow roasting pan. In small bowl, combine pepper, ½ teaspoon basil; rosemary and thyme; pat mixture over meat. Cover exposed rib ends with strips of foil.
- Roast lamb until meat thermometer registers 145⁰ F for medium-rare 35-50 minutes.
- Arrange lamb on platter. Carve into individuals ribs. Drizzle part of sauce over lamb; pass remaining sauce.
- Variation: Omit seasoning and demi-glace in above recipe. Spread 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard over lamb. In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley, ½ teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Pat mixture over uustard. Roast as directed above.