- 1 Vienna beef hot dog or your favorite all beef hot dog
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 slice yellow onion chopped
- 2 sport peppers
- 2 – 3 tomato wedges
- 1 dill pickle spear
- 1 tablespoon Chicago style relish
- Sprinkle of celery salt
- 1 poppy seed hot dog bun
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, place hot dog in water, and cook 5 minutes or until done. Final two minutes of cooking hot dog carefully place a steamer basket into the pot and steam the hot dog bun 2 minutes or until warm.
- Place hot dog in the steamed bun. Pile on the toppings in this order: yellow mustard, Chicago style relish, onion, tomato wedges, pickle spear, sport peppers, and celery salt. The tomatoes should be nestled between the hot dog and the top of the bun. Push the pickle between the hot dog and the bottom of the bun.
Serve with your favorite ice cold beer and fresh cute French fries
If company is coming over and we have to steam lots of dogs we use a stainless steel pasta cooker/steamer. Click here