This traditional Alabama Barbecue Sauce uses Mayonnaise as its base rather than tomato sauce, vinegar, or any of the other traditional barbecue sauce bases. Like many barbecue sauces you want to apply this only at the very end of your grilling or smoking.
Alabama White BBQ Sauce
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- 3/4 quart apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- Prepared horseradish
- Lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a very large blender or food processor. (It may be necessary to do this in 2 batches; just add 1/2 of each ingredient and then repeat.)
- Blend for 1 minute, or until thoroughly combined and mixture is smooth. Pour sauce into a large bowl.
Use when grilling chicken; brush lightly over the chicken during the last few minutes of grilling.
Place sauce in a dispenser bottle and use at the table.