- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (Be sure to use a quality chocolate chip)
- With a hand mixer, beat the coconut oil, agave, vanilla and peppermint until very smooth.
- Place this mixture in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to allow it to slightly harden (It will be far too sticky to handle at this point.)
- Once the mixture is firm enough to handle, roll into a long tube. ( Use plastic wrap so the entire shape would be the same thickness and to help smooth out the edges.
- Place the tube back in the freezer for 15-20 minutes, until very firm.
- Using a sharp knife slice into 1/4 pieces, or desired thickness.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Depending on your microwave, this could take about a minute, or slightly longer.
- Dip the peppermint rounds into the melted chocolate using a fork. Let the excess chocolate drip off.
- Place it onto the parchment paper and allow to set.
- This recipe will make 16 – 20 peppermint patties. Store them in the fridge or freezer to prevent them from getting sticky and melting.