Almond Beef with Broccoli
- ¾ lb. broccoli florets
- 1/3 lb. beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
- ½ cup blanched almonds, toasted
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch.
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Boiling water
- In medium bowl combine beef, white wine, cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar, garlic powder and ginger. Stir gently to combine and cover. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop broccoli into boiling water and boil for 2 minutes to blanch. Plunge broccoli into cold water and drain. Set aside.
- Add 2 Tbsp. of olive oil in a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add broccoli and fry for 2 minutes. Remove to serving plate.
- Add remaining olive oil to pan, and heat. Add beef and fry for 1 minute, reserving marinade.
- Add marinade and lower heat slightly. Stir until beef is glazed and marinade is reduced. Serve on top of broccoli, and sprinkle with almonds.