- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 cups peeled and shredded potatoes
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil 2 eggs
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal, salt and baking powder. Add potatoes, 1/3 cup of oil, eggs and onion and mix until evenly blended.
- Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of the potatoes into the hot oil, flattening slightly. Cook until browned on the bottom and then flip and cook on the other side.
- Keep in a warm oven while frying the rest.