- 3 to 4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 cup coarsely ground whole-grain oatmeal
- 2 large, crisp, sweet apples, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey, or to taste
- In a saucepan over high heat, bring the water to a rolling boil. Add the salt. Stirring continuously to prevent lumps from forming, add the oatmeal.
- Reduce the heat to very low, cover the pan and cook until the oatmeal is thick and creamy, following the cooking time on the package instructions.
- When the oatmeal is ready, uncover the pan and, add the apples directly into the pan. Sprinkle in the cinnamon and stir well.
- Spoon the oatmeal into warmed individual bowls and drizzle evenly with the honey. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings