- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 granny Smith apples, cored and finely chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups toasted Hawaiian sweetbread cubes
- In a small bowl, combine chicken broth and cranberry; let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 13×9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until tender. Add apple, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together soup, eggs, cinnamon, salt and black pepper. Stir in chicken broth mixture and vegetable mixture. Gently stir in toasted bread until moistened. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake first 45 minutes or until center is set.
Makes 8 to 10 servings