- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ Cup Chinese rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons quality toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 4 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 skinless chicken breast fillet
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup chopped Napa cabbage
- 1/2 carrot, julienned or shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup crispy chow Mein noodles
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a container with a lid and shake until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oil in deep fryer or deep pan over medium heat. You want the temperature of the oil to be around 350 degrees F.
- In a small, shallow bowl beat egg, add buttermilk, and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour with corn flake crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken breast into 4 or 5 long strips. Dip each strip of chicken first into egg mixture then into the flour mixture, coating each piece completely.
- Fry each chicken finger for 5 minutes or until coating has darkened to brown.
- Prepare salad by tossing the chopped romaine with the chopped red cabbage, Napa cabbage, and carrots.
- Sprinkle green onion on top of the lettuce.
- Toast almonds in a small skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until light brown.
- Sprinkle toasted almonds over the salad, then add the chow Mein noodles.