- 1 lb. dry ziti pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 – 26 ounce jars of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, Add ziti pasta, and cook per directions on package, until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven to 350⁰ F.
- Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Layer as follows; ½ of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, ½ sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.
Serve with a small salad and heated French bread.