- 8 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 cups cold milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 bananas, sliced diagonally
- One 10″ BAKED pie shell, baked. I use Pillsbury store bought crust.
- MIX cornstarch, sugar, salt.
- ADD to COLD milk in a medium size saucepan.
- STIR to dissolve.
- Cook mixture over MEDIUM heat (Stir constantly to prevent scorching) until bubbly.
- Pour 1/4 of the hot mixture into beaten eggs.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Return mixture to the saucepan.
- Continue cooking until mixture comes back to “bubbling” and is thick.
- Blend in butter and vanilla.
- Pour half of the mixture into 10″ baked pie shell.
- Cover the top with sliced bananas.
- Pour remainder of the mixture on top of the bananas.
- Let the filling cool– then refrigerate until firm.
- Top the pie with sweetened whipped cream and garnish with additional banana slices.
Makes one 10 inch pie