- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 4 chicken thighs (with bone and skin), trimmed of any hanging fat
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix the salt, smoked paprika, and pepper. Season the chicken pieces evenly with the spices.
- In a small saucepan, whisk the glaze ingredients. Bring to boil over medium high heat and simmer until about ⅔ cup of the liquid remains. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat the grill for medium heat. Grill the chicken pieces, skin sides down first, directly over medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Move the chicken pieces over indirect medium heat and cook, with the lid closed, for 10 minutes. Then brush both sides with a thin layer of glaze. Continue to cook over indirect heat until the juices run clear and the meat is no longer pink at the bone, about 20 minutes more, turning and brushing with the glaze occasionally.