- 1 Sweet potato (longer ones work better)
- Melted butter or Olive oil
- Your choose of seasonings (optional) are limited only to your imagination, brown sugar, cinnamon or what ever you like.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Wash and scrub your potato.
- Lay the potato on a cutting board and line up either chopsticks or butter knife on either side of the potato. The sole purpose of the chopsticks/butter knife is to act as a guard so you do not accidentally cut through the potato. In order to get the accordion/fan effect, you slice 90% through the potato, but not all the way.
- Make the slices every 1/8 inch. You can put the sliced potato in a bowl of ice water to help the potato
fans to open more. When you have sliced all the potatoes you’re going to roast, put them on a cookie sheet or shallow roasting pan.
- Take your melted butter or olive oil and brush liberally all over your potato. Try to get in between the slices (be gentle). The more buttery goodness you get in every nook and cranny means more crispy yumminess. Roast in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 45 minutes until crispy, golden brown.
Sweet potatoes do not get as crispy and fan out as well as Russets or Yukon Golds.