Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 1/2 pound steak, sliced into thin, 2 – 3 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 3 cups broccoli, florets and stalks, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- In a small bowl combine steak, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar. Cover and let marinate for several minutes. If you have time, refrigerate in marinate 4 – 8 hours.
- Heat a large wok over medium-high heat for several minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of peanut oil and heat for several minutes. Add broccoli and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and cook for one additional minute. Add 1 – 2 tablespoons of water to create a steaming effect. Cook 2 – 3 minutes more, until water is absorbed and broccoli is bright green and tender. Remove from heat and pour broccoli into a large serving dish. Set aside
- Return wok to stove. Add 1/2 tablespoon of peanut oil and heat for several minutes. Add marinated steak and cook, stirring occasionally, until steak is brown and no pink remains on the outside. For a well – done steak, cook for about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour steak and sauce on top of dish with broccoli. Serve immediately with white Rice.