- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 8 oz. (227 g) cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried thyme
- 4 beef tenderloin grilling steaks, (about 6 oz. /175 g each)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) dry red wine
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) butter, softened
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- In heavy skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; sauté shallots and garlic until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, half each of the salt and pepper and the thyme; cook, stirring, until very soft and almost no liquid remains, about 6 minutes. Scrape into bowl. Wipe out skillet. Brush steaks with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Sear over medium-high heat, turning once, until desired doneness, about 8 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer to warm plate; tent with foil and let stand for 5 minutes. Add wine to skillet; cook, scraping up any brown bits, until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and any meat juices to pan.
- Combine butter with flour; stir into pan and cook until thickened.
Serve with steaks.