- 4 (12 ounce) cans beer
- 1 large onion, diced
- 10 bratwurst We use Omaha Steaks Gourmet Bratwurst Click Here
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine the beer and onions in a large pot; bring to a boil.
- Add the red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Submerge the bratwurst in the beer.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook another 10 to 12 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. When hot, lightly oil grate or you can use a heavy skillet heated to medium-high heat.
- Remove the bratwurst from the beer mixture; reduce heat to low, and continue cooking the onions.
- Brown the bratwurst on the preheated grill/skillet turning once, after 5 minutes.
- Return brats to the hot beer mixture until ready to serve.
Serve brats on fresh baked brat buns with your favorite condiments i.e.; sauerkraut, onions, green peppers, ketchup, and/or mustard.