If you’ve been to a Top End Steak House you’ve probably had Beurre Maître d’hôtel or Steakhouse Butter. Many of our better Steak Houses finish their steaks off with a paddy of this delicious butter. It’s very easy to make, and it stores well, so make sure you have plenty on hand to finish off your favorite steaks. This butter also goes great on warm French bread or with your baked or mashed potatoes. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
Beurre Maître d’hôtel or Steakhouse Butter
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup diced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl cream with a wooden spoon.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Place on a sheet of plastic wrap and form a cylinder.
- Roll up in the plastic wrap, pushing in to form a tight log.
- Seal the ends of the plastic wrap and refrigerate or freeze until needed.
Serve on top of your favorite beef or venison steak. This butter also goes well with warm French bread or as a top for your baked or mashed potatoes.
This recipe is easily doubled and makes a great gift when packed in 4 oz. jelly jars