- 4 pound beef tip, heel of round or rolled rump roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cracked pepper
- 3 ¼ cups of water
- 2 tablespoons instant beef bouillon or six beef bouillon cubes
- ¾ cup cold water
- ⅓ Cup all-purpose flour
- Cook beef roast in oil in Dutch oven over medium to low heat until Brown; sprinkle with pepper. Add 3 ¼ cups water and the bouillon.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer on top of range or cook at 325° in your oven until tender, about three hours.
- Remove beef to warm platter.
- Reserve 3 cups of drippings in Dutch oven; skim excess fat.
- Shake ¾ cup cold water and the flour in tightly covered container; stir gradually into broth.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir one minute.
Serve beef with gravy.