- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- ⅓cup sour cream
- ½ cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can 14.5 ounce can tomatoes diced with herbs
- 1 16 ounce can tomato paste with roasted garlic
- ⅔ Cup water
- Preheat oven to 350⁰
- Pound the chicken to ¼ inch thickness.
- Coat the chicken with sour cream and roll the chicken in the bread crumbs until well coated.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until the chicken is golden brown.
- Place the chicken in a greased 9×13 inch baking dish and cover.
- Bake in the 350⁰ oven for twenty minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Heat the undrained tomatoes, Italian paste and water in saucepan for about 3 minutes.
- Place the chicken on a platter: spoon the tomato mixture over the chicken.
- Serve over hot pasta or rice.
Garnish with fresh basil if desired.