- 2 lbs.chicken wings (about 12 wings)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Celery Sticks
- Cut off wing tips and discard. Cut wings at the joint. Put chicken wing pieces in a plastic bag. Set aside. (When cutting raw chicken it is best to use a cutting board reserved just for cutting raw chicken. Wash thoroughly when finished. Do not let raw chicken juices come in contact with other food).
- Create a marinade by stirring together the melted butter, hot sauce, paprika, salt, cayenne pepper and black pepper. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the marinade then pour the remaining marinade over the chicken pieces in the plastic bag. Seal the bag and let marinate at room temperature for half an hour. When marinating is finished, drain marinade and discard bag.
- Place wing pieces on the rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for about 10 minutes on each side, until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Remove from oven and baste with the 2 tablespoons of reserved marinade. (Be sure not to use the marinade that was in contact with the raw chicken).
Serve with Blue Cheese Dip and celery sticks.
Blue cheese dip. Makes 1 ½ cups
Combine; ½ cup sour cream, ½ cup mayonnaise, 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled, 2 green onions, finely chopped, 1 tablespoon dried parsley, garlic salt to taste. Cover and chill in refrigerator until serving.