- 2 cups all – purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together flour, sugar, and salt. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. With processor running gradually add cream just until mixture forms a ball.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead for 15 seconds.
- Shape dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12 inch circle, and fit into a 9 inch regular or deep dish pie plate. Trim excess dough, fold edges under and crimp as desired.
- Line dough with parchment paper, and filled with pie weights.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove parchment and weights, and let cool completely
Makes crust for 1 (9 inch) regular or deep dish pie.