- 12 large, full mushrooms
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons roasted pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite Caesar salad dressing
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully breakoff stems. Chopped stems extremely fine, discarding tough ends.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add chopped mushroom stems to the skillet. Sauté until any moisture has disappeared and stems are tender. Set aside to cool.
- Combined cream cheese, Caesar salad dressing, onion flakes, cayenne pepper, cooled mushroom stems and chopped pecans together mixing well. Mixture should be very thick.
- Using a small spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange mushroom caps on prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on each mushroom.
- Bake for 20 Minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are piping hot and the Parmesan cheese is golden brown.