- 3 -4 lbs. boneless pork shoulder or 3 -4 lbs. boneless pork butt
- Green chilies or 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 3⁄4 cup white wine or 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Pico de Gallo
- Sour cream
- Corn tortillas or tortilla chips
- Cut pork into small cubes approximately 1/2-1 inch each.
- Brown pork in a Dutch oven over high heat then reduce heat to medium.
- Add white wine, garlic, bay leaves, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper and bring to a rolling boil.
- Cover, and place in a 325 degree oven for 2 hours.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken stock and cook with lid on until meat easily falls apart.
- Remove bay leaves and add onion, green chilies or chipotles and fresh cilantro.
- Shred meat with two forks and serve with corn tortillas or tortilla chips, top with guacamole, Pico de Gallo and sour cream.