• 1/2 cup wheat bran
• 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (plus extra for sprinkling on top)
• 1 oat flour (generous cup, 1 cup oats, finely ground)
• 1/4 cup ground flax seed
• 11/2 tsps. Baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 2 eggs
• 3 bananas (medium to large, very ripe, mashed)
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 11/2 cups carrots (finely grated, about 1 1/2 carrots)
• 1/2 cup raisins
• 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 350⁰ F.
2. Line or grease 12 cups in a standard sized muffin tin. If you choose to use muffin liners, you can grease them for easy muffin removal.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together wheat bran, oats, oat flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, and then add the mashed banana and vanilla. Beat together until smooth.
5. Add the liquids to the dry ingredients and fold in with a spatula until just combined.
6. Fold in the grated carrots, raisins, and walnuts just enough to get them evenly dispersed in the batter.
7. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
8. Sprinkle the tops with oats.