- 2 cups fresh snow peas, halved
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 cup cashew halves, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- For dressing, in a blender, combine the sugar, oil, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and ginger; cover and process until blended.
- Pour over rice mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, stir in the cashews.
Makes 6 – 8 servings
We use American Indian hand harvested & wood parched wild rice, it does make a difference