Serves 2 – 3
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 lb. boned chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon monosodium glutamate (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Mix the soy sauce with the sugar and salt and add the chicken pieces. Allow to marinate for 5 minutes. Drain the chicken and set the marinade aside.
- Heat a wok and add the oil. Fry the chicken for 2 – 3 minutes. Remove the chicken.
- Fry the onions for 2 – 3 minutes and add the bean sprouts. Stir-fry for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the sesame oil.
- Dissolve the monosodium glutamate and the cornstarch in the stock and pour over the chicken mixture. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring, until the sauce thickens.
Garnish with Chinese noodles and serve with white rice.