Whether you, or the kids have friends coming over and you’ll need to serve a snack, or you want an easy menu item for dinner, chicken strips, are hard to beat. Their delicious, nutritious and really are quite easy to prepare.
If this recipe doesn’t provide enough chicken strips for your needs, it is very easy to double.
Chicken Strips with Honey Mustard Sauce
Honey Mustard Sauce Ingredients
- 1 ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dijon style mustard
- ½ cup honey
Chicken Strips Ingredients
- Canola oil, for frying
- 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Honey Mustard Sauce Directions
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard and honey in a sealable container whisking until completely blended.
- Seal container and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours
Chicken Strip Directions
- In a heavy high sided skillet preheat oil to 350⁰ F.
- Cut chicken breasts into long strips and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl beat eggs and set aside.
- Pour flour into a shallow bowl or pie pan.
- Add panko bread crumbs, garlic powder, lemon pepper, cayenne, salt and pepper into a shallow bowl or pie pan and gently whisk to blend ingredients.
- Dip chicken strips into flour, moving to beaten eggs then dredging them into the seasoned panko bread crumbs.
- Place breaded chicken strips into hot oil frying for 3 to 4 minutes then turn and fry another 3 or 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to a paper towel lined rack allowing excess oil to drain.
- Serve with honey mustard sauce.
If someone does not like honey mustard sauce you can easily substitute ranch dressing as a dipping sauce.