- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 – 10 ¾ ounce can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 – 10 ounce can Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, including liquid
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 9 corn tortillas, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 cup shredded low-fat Colby Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375⁰ F.
- Using non-stick cooking spray coat an 8” x 8” baking dish and medium skillet.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add bell pepper and onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring several times.
- Stir in broth, soup, undrained tomatoes and chicken; blend well. Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- Layer ⅓ each of the tortilla pieces, chicken mixture and cheese evenly in baking dish. Repeat layers twice more.
- Bake uncovered 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.