Chinese Fruited Pork
- 6 loin chops, cut ½ inch thick
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ¾ cup oil
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 – 10 ounce pkg. frozen snow peas partially thawed
- ¼ cup water
- 1 – 1-lb. can apricot halves, drained; reserve ¼ cup syrup.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 cups hot cooked white rice
- Trim bones and fat from chops.
- Place meat between wax paper and using a meat mallet pound with a mallet to ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut into 1 x ½ inch cubes and place in bowl.
- In a second bowl combine soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper, and cornstarch and blend well.
- Pour sauce onto pork completely coating all cubes. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat ¾ cup oil in wok over high heat. Add pork cubes and cook, stirring continually, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Drain and wipe wok with paper towel.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and heat. Add snow peas and stir-fry about 30 seconds. Add water, cover and steam about 30 seconds.
- Add apricots and pork. Stir-fry about 30 seconds.
- Dissolve cornstarch in reserved apricot syrup. Add to wok and stir until sauce thickens.
Serve over hot cooked white rice.