- 10 ounces of semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 7tablespoons of unsalted butter, cut into pieces.
- 5 large eggs, room temperature.
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon of chipotle chili powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper.
- Pinch of salt.
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350⁰, line the bottom of a 9 ½ inch springform pan with a circle of parchment paper. Grease the sides and the parchment with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Whisk together the eggs and the sugar in a large bowl, and then slowly, a bit at a time, whisk in the melted the melted chocolate. Add the salt and spices and taste, adjusting the spices if needed.
- Pour into the springform pan and bake for 22 – 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Use a Pie & Cake Marker to help in cutting equal portions.