A good friend sent us this recipe that originally came from ambitiouskitchen.com and I must say, I think they hit a homerun. If you enjoy peanut butter cookies, but need gluten free you have to try these.
Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Canola oil nonstick cooking spray
- 1 can 15 ounce chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup all natural almond butter or peanut butter
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar ( honey if not going vegan)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup vegan or regular semi-sweet chocolate chips plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling
- Kosher or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350⁰ F.
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with canola oil nonstick cooking spray
- Add all ingredients except semi-sweet chocolate chips into a food processor or blender and puree.
- Fold in ⅓ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips into batter.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared baking pan
- Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of semi-sweet chocolate chips on the top.
- Place pan into preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown. Batter may look underdone, but baking longer will cause them to dry out.
- Cool pan for 20 minutes on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with Kosher or sea salt then cut into squares.
Makes 16 blondies.
Adding a beaten egg to the batter will make them more cake like, but they will no longer be vegan.