Submitted by Helena W.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 2 ½ cups crushed chocolate sandwich cookies with white filling [Oreos]
- Nonstick spray for baking
- Preheat oven to 350⁰ F. Coat twelve 2 ½ inch muffin cups with nonstick spray for baking or use paper inserts. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, granulated sugar, coca powder and baking soda. Make sure to blend ingredients completely.
- Add mayonnaise, hot water and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Using an electric mixer beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and continue to mix for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl once.
- Portion batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Fill ¾ full. (The cupcakes will rise as they bake.)
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire racks before frosting.
- Place butter in mixing bowl and using an electric mixer beat 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons vanilla and milk to mixing bowl. Beat on low speed until combined. Increase speed to medium and beat for 1 to 2 minutes until fully combined and fluffy.
- Add 2 cups of the crushed cookies and beat until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.