- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- Sour cream – Optional
- Fresh Cilantro – Optional
- In a large saucepan, sauté the green pepper, onion and chipotle pepper in oil until tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the beans, broth, salsa, cumin and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Add pork; heat through.
- Serve with sour cream and cilantro if desired. To serve this delicious chili we use BIA Cordon Bleu 16 ounce White Porcelain Chili Bowls Click Here
- Cool chili and transfer to air tight containers.
- Freeze up to 3 months.
- Thaw in the refrigerator.
- Transfer to a large saucepan; heat through, adding water to thin if desired.
- Serve with sour cream and cilantro if desired.
Makes 4 servings.