- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 large eggs
- ½ cup agave nectar (raw, cinnamon or maple flavored)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 heaping cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350⁰. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt.
- In a second medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, agave, vanilla extract and apple sauce.
- Stir the applesauce mixture into the almond flour mixture and blend well.
- Divide batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 – 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes.