- 1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons ((10 ml) baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon (1.3 ml) salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons (7.5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (125 ml) milk
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) oil
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) raisins
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and oil.
- Add the flour mixture to the milk mixture. Stir until the batter is just combined. Stir in the raisins.
- Pour one pre-measured scoop of batter onto the waffle maker.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 4 to 6 waffles