- 1/2 cup bacon drippings or unsalted butter
- 2 cups diced onion
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh sage
- 20 cups cubed day-old cornbread
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 13 X 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt bacon drippings or unsalted butter over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in Sage, and cook for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together vegetable mixture, cornbread, and all remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake for 42 45 minutes or until Golden Brown.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.