- 2 ounces good quality gin or vodka (your choice)*
- Splash or ½ ounce dry vermouth
- Ice Cubes
- Pimento-stuffed green olives (large ones are best) or Lemon Twist
*1 ounce = 2 tablespoons – 1 shot glass = 1 ½ ounces.
- Chill martini glasses by placing in the freezer
- Pour gin or vodka and vermouth into a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes. Either shake or stir until cold (your choice) at least 10 seconds. (I prefer stirred).
- Strain into a chilled martini glass. Serve straight up (no ice in glass).
- Garnish with either a couple of olives or a lemon twist. My preference is three large olives.
Makes 1 Classic Martini.