- 14 bamboo or wooden skewers (4 to 6 inch) We use Fox Run Bamboo Skewers Click Here
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- ¾ cup plain panko crispy bread crumbs
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- 28 uncooked large shrimp (about 1 lb), thawed if frozen, peeled, deveined, tails left on
- ½ cup apricot or peach preserves
- ½ teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Soak skewers in water for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oven to 400°F. Line 15×10-inch baking pan with sides with foil; lightly spray foil with cooking spray.
- In shallow dish, stir together flour, curry powder, salt and ground red pepper. In another shallow dish, beat egg and water until blended. In another shallow dish, mix bread crumbs and coconut.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Coat shrimp with flour mixture. Dip into egg mixture; coat well with crumb mixture. Thread 2 shrimp on each skewer, leaving space between each. Place in pan.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until shrimp are pink and coating begins to brown.
- In a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients.
Serve shrimp with sauce for dipping.