- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs separated
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix egg yolks, buttermilk, baking soda and butter.
- Whip egg whites until stiff.
- Blend liquids into dry ingredients.
- Fold in the egg whites and toasted coconut.
- Spoon into waffle iron and bake until golden.
Serve with warmed coconut syrup, toasted coconut and whipped cream.