- 1 Cabbage, either green or purple or both
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Green onion
Version with mayonnaise
- Yellow mustard
Version without mayonnaise
- Rice vinegar or white vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Starting with a head or half a head of cabbage, thinly slice the cabbage until you have approximately 4 cups (not packed) of sliced cabbage.
- (Using a mandolin helps in this case.)
- Julienne a half of a carrot.
- Thinly slice a couple green onions.
For the mayo dressing version
Add 3 Tablespoons mayo, ½ teaspoon of yellow mustard and mix in with the cabbage, carrot, and onions. Add pepper to taste.
For the non-mayo version
Add a couple tablespoons of rice vinegar. Sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
Serve or refrigerate immediately