- 2 lbs. cubed pork
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes (you can substitute 1 14 oz. can)
- 1 14.5 oz. can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 ½ cups diced green chile (about 20 chile)
- 2 cups diced onion.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Brown pork in skillet with garlic and pepper. Add flour and brown as well.
- In crock pot, mix pork, garlic, tomatoes, water, green chile and onion. Simmer for at least 2 hours. Water can be added to thin down and flour can be added to thicken.
- (You can also cook it in a large pot on the stove at low heat.)
- Let simmer at least an hour before tasting and modifying by adding chile, more tomatoes, garlic, etc.
- This is a very meaty, very slightly thickened chili – thin for Colorado style chili. If you like really thick chili, use 4-5 tbsp. flour rather than 3 and/or reduce the water.
We serve our chili in Cordon Bleu 16 oz. White Porcelain Chili Bowls Click Here