It’s corn picking time! This means fresh corn on the cob smothered in butter
Corn on the Cob Boiled with Sugar
- 1/4 -1/2 cup white sugar
- 6 ears of corn on the cob
- 1 stick sweet butter
- Shuck corn removing husks and silk
- Fill large stock pot about 3/4 full with water
- Bring water to a boil
- Add the sugar, making sure sugar is completely dissolved
- Add corn.
- Bring back to a boil
- Boil for no longer than 8 minutes.
- Remove from water and allow to cool enough for handling
- Slather with butter and salt to taste
We use Farmers Market Stoneware Corn-on-the-Cob Dishes to serve our corn. Makes it much easier to serve and butter corn. Click Here