- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 pounds haddock filets
- Oil for frying (I use Canola however the best taste comes from a vegetable and olive oil blend)
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Beat together dip the fish in this mixture.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together buttermilk and lemon juice and set side
- In a plastic zip lock bag, add cornmeal, flour, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper and cayenne pepper, shake to combine all ingredients.
- Dip fish in buttermilk and lemon juice mixture, then place fish into zip lock bag, shaking fish until completely coated.
- In a heavy skillet fry until golden brown on each side. We use the Good Grips Fish Turner Click Here