- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (16-ounce) can cranberry sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) jar chili sauce
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl place ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and thyme.
- Using your hands combine ingredients until completely mixed.
- Shape mixture into about 54 (1-inch) balls.
- Cook meatballs, in batches, in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until browned (about 5 minutes); remove meatballs from pan, and drain well on paper towels.
- Stir together cranberry sauce, chili sauce, marmalade, water, soy sauce, red wine vinegar and dried red pepper flakes in a large Dutch oven over medium heat, and cook, whisking occasionally, 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Add meatballs; reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until centers are no longer pink.
You can substitute frozen meatballs for fresh handmade ones. Buy a 2-pound bag frozen, pre-cooked, cocktail-size meatballs. If using frozen meatballs heat in sauce until completely heated.