- 3 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) cranberries
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons grated orange or lemon zest
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in center of oven. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans. 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2“, or 1 loaf pan. 9 x 5 x 3″.
- Stir together cranberries, sugar, oil, milk, vanilla, orange zest and eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into pans.
- Bake 8 inch loafs 50 to 60 minutes, 9 inch loaf 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place topside up on wire rack. Cool completely, about two hours before slicing.
- Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
To safely handle hot pans we use KitchenReady Oven Gloves Click Here