- 1 lb. crappie fillets, cut into fingerlike strips
- 12 ounces ale or 12 ounces any full-bodied beer
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup flour
- Fresh peanut oil or canola oil frying
- Empty beer into a large bowl.
- Add the corn flour, salt, paprika, and cayenne to the bowl and whisk until you have light and frothy batter.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour but up to five days.
- In a deep fryer or deep skillet, heat at least 2 inches of oil to 375 degrees F.
- Dredge fillets in flour, shaking off any excess; then dip them in the beer batter, coating them well.
- Fry in oil until perfectly golden and drain on paper towels. For flipping the fish we use the Good Grips Fish Turner Click Here
Serve with lemon wedges, tartar sauce and hot sauce. Yum-yum! Prep time does not include refrigeration time.