- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in water; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, sauté mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour.
- Gradually add milk and reserved broth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; stir in cream cheese until melted and soup is heated through.
Makes 3 cups.