- 6 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- Place cucumbers into a large bowl with a lid, mix in 1 tablespoon salt, and cover. Refrigerate to let salt draw out excess moisture, 2 to 3 hours. Drain liquid and squeeze as much moisture as possible out of cucumbers; transfer to a large salad bowl.
- Mix cider vinegar, evaporated milk, vegetable oil, 2 teaspoons salt, and black pepper in a jar, shaking it to thoroughly combine. Pour dressing over cucumbers and stir in onion. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (overnight for better flavor).
Makes 10 servings